We have a communication problem because I don’t understand his language.
This is an age old problem and is something that loving pet owners try to overcome. They will by books, search on-line and watch Cesar Millan all in the quest to understand their dog and nurture a growing relationship with them.
I believe there is a lesson here for each of us. Many times we have relationships in which we don’t speak the same language. Communication and understanding is sometimes not easily translated or tolerated whether that is between our spouse, an employee, child, etc. You all may speak the same spoken language but there is so much more being said other than what we speak and goes misinterpreted or gets ignored. Many times when someone is misunderstood a common occurrence is to react with control or to simply overlook or disregard. But, just like the relationship with your dog, that will not be a nurturing or prospering relationship. Many of you may be agreeing right now and have someone particular in mind and saying “I just don’t get them”.
If you will notice above I used one word that makes all the difference in the world, “Loving”.
So, ask yourself that question. “Am I a loving person”? If you are the first step is just like the first step in the AA twelve step program, you must first admit that you don’t understand.
If you don’t care and are not a loving person, my prayer is that you will hit that place of lowliness where you may finally see the beauty in others and until then, please, don’t get a dog.
|< Prev||Next >|
Does marriage matter to children? (Prolifeblogs)
12 Dec 2013 | 6:25 pm
Share With Friends:
- The Learning Network Blog: Reading Club | ‘Invisible Child’ (NY Times) 12 Dec 2013 | 2:41 pmShare With Friends:
- Antoine among US sliders to watch in Lake Placid (Arizona Daily Star) 12 Dec 2013 | 12:01 pmShare With Friends:
- 'American Hustle', '12 Years a Slave' Lead Golden Globes (Voice Of America) 12 Dec 2013 | 10:58 amShare With Friends:
- Strauss: Secret policymaking on school reform is on the rise (Washington Post) 12 Dec 2013 | 4:01 amShare With Friends:
- Parental child abductions 'increase' (BBC) 11 Dec 2013 | 10:37 pmShare With Friends:
- Anti-cheat software 'stops working' (BBC) 11 Dec 2013 | 12:20 pmShare With Friends:
- Elder-friendly Design Benefits All Age Groups (Kansas City InfoZine) 11 Dec 2013 | 8:34 amShare With Friends:
- Work starts on £34m new James Gillespie’s school (Scotsman) 11 Dec 2013 | 3:21 amRecent Articles
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- What food is it that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?
- How to Make Rising Interest Rates Work for You - The Future of Gold
- Most Profitable Time For Gold and Gold Miner Stocks - Is It Time Yet?
- What About Inflation? Is it Dead?
All content on this website is intended only for informational purposes. Seek advice from appropriate professional practitioners for your specific needs.
- Dating, Marriage & Autism
- Helping Those Who Can't Help Themselves!
- The Omni Intelligencer asks: What Kind of ‘Intelligent’ are you?
- Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?...Autism Society National conference, Dallas, Texas
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism awareness month events 2011
- ALUT Video-'A song For the world'
- Eat local, buy local, live local! Thoughts from an arts-focused community-based localvore
- From Haiti devastation to 'Love in Action'
- Hotels Helping Haiti
- INSTALLING A HUSBAND
- If you don’t listen, you might get pooped on
- In the End, It's Your Choice
- Movie Review: Walking in the Dark: Finding the Light in Autism
- The Omni Intelligencer welcomes 'Pratham Books'
- The fear of transparency
- The Learning Network Blog: Reading Club | ‘Invisible Child’ (NY Times) 12 Dec 2013 | 2:41 pm