Have you ever found yourself in despair? Have you ever been in need?
If you have ever found yourself in this place, it can seem that time stands still and the change that you crave so dearly is concealed deep within a fog…….Where is that proverbial search light? The one that guides you. The one that gives clarity to the obstacles that stand in your way. You’re searching, you want desperately to escape and if you had just a little relief or support things may truly turn around.
Sometimes, those closest to you may really encourage you with “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. That’s a great saying………if, you’re the one on the outside. But, if you’re the one right smack dab in the middle it sounds like……yeah…….a big huge hammer beating you down even further.
In today’s world it seems that we are a generation that has become consumed with greed and self absorption. Our world has become chaotic. Compassion and “love thy neighbor” have become lost in the race of survival and lending a helping hand has become an afterthought rather than the norm.
But, what if……. what if you can make a difference?
Isn’t it amazing the mystery and unknown potential in those two small words: “what if”. What if, you gave a coworker a compliment on their dedication or what if, you wrote a friend a letter to tell them how much you valued them. What if, going through the drive-thru you give the cashier five or ten dollars towards the next car’s purchase. What if, you get creative and look for opportunities to give those “what if” experiences. What if, you pass this story along to others and a revolution of kindness gets started.
Instead of giving “words of wisdom” sometimes the greatest help can come from one single act of kindness or some encouraging words. So, let me encourage you….no, let me challenge you to extend a helping hand today.
Let’s bring change one act at a time and please write your comments expressing what happened or how you felt and let your sharing encourages us all.
|< Prev||Next >|
Brazil moves to make up over US spy row (Financial Times)
23 Apr 2014 | 1:35 pm
Share With Friends:
- VOA Exclusive: Teen Stowaway's Father Says Allah Protected His Son (Voice Of America) 23 Apr 2014 | 1:33 pmShare With Friends:
- Memorial for Anthony Brueckner, May 24, 2014 (Leiter Reports) 23 Apr 2014 | 1:08 pmShare With Friends:
- Strauss: Parent to Obama: Let me tell you about the Common Core test Malia and Sasha don’t have to take but Eva does (Washington Post) 23 Apr 2014 | 9:45 amShare With Friends:
- Andy Murray receives freedom of Stirling (Scotsman) 23 Apr 2014 | 4:47 amShare With Friends:
- Prosecutors Describe a Bold Drug Enterprise at Affluent Pennsylvania Schools (NY Times) 22 Apr 2014 | 8:45 pmShare With Friends:
- US judges hit affirmative action (Financial Times) 22 Apr 2014 | 12:48 pmShare With Friends:
- Nanoreporters tell 'sour' oil from 'sweet' (Eurekalert) 21 Apr 2014 | 11:00 pmShare With Friends:
- American wins Boston Marathon; Tucson's Abdirahman finishes 16th (Arizona Daily Star) 21 Apr 2014 | 3:30 pmRecent Articles
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
More Articles by this AuthorAll content on this website is intended only for informational purposes. Seek advice from appropriate professional practitioners for your specific needs.
- Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?...Autism Society National conference, Dallas, Texas
- Helping Those Who Can't Help Themselves!
- ALUT Video-'A song For the world'
- From Haiti devastation to 'Love in Action'
- If you don’t listen, you might get pooped on
- In the End, It's Your Choice
- The Omni Intelligencer welcomes 'Pratham Books'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism awareness month events 2011
- Dating, Marriage & Autism
- Eat local, buy local, live local! Thoughts from an arts-focused community-based localvore
- Hotels Helping Haiti
- How dogs can teach us new tricks
- INSTALLING A HUSBAND
- Movie Review: Walking in the Dark: Finding the Light in Autism
- The Omni Intelligencer asks: What Kind of ‘Intelligent’ are you?
- VOA Exclusive: Teen Stowaway's Father Says Allah Protected His Son (Voice Of America) 23 Apr 2014 | 1:33 pm