Have you ever found yourself in despair? Have you ever been in need?
If you have ever found yourself in this place, it can seem that time stands still and the change that you crave so dearly is concealed deep within a fog…….Where is that proverbial search light? The one that guides you. The one that gives clarity to the obstacles that stand in your way. You’re searching, you want desperately to escape and if you had just a little relief or support things may truly turn around.
Sometimes, those closest to you may really encourage you with “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. That’s a great saying………if, you’re the one on the outside. But, if you’re the one right smack dab in the middle it sounds like……yeah…….a big huge hammer beating you down even further.
In today’s world it seems that we are a generation that has become consumed with greed and self absorption. Our world has become chaotic. Compassion and “love thy neighbor” have become lost in the race of survival and lending a helping hand has become an afterthought rather than the norm.
But, what if……. what if you can make a difference?
Isn’t it amazing the mystery and unknown potential in those two small words: “what if”. What if, you gave a coworker a compliment on their dedication or what if, you wrote a friend a letter to tell them how much you valued them. What if, going through the drive-thru you give the cashier five or ten dollars towards the next car’s purchase. What if, you get creative and look for opportunities to give those “what if” experiences. What if, you pass this story along to others and a revolution of kindness gets started.
Instead of giving “words of wisdom” sometimes the greatest help can come from one single act of kindness or some encouraging words. So, let me encourage you….no, let me challenge you to extend a helping hand today.
Let’s bring change one act at a time and please write your comments expressing what happened or how you felt and let your sharing encourages us all.
|< Prev||Next >|
Will There Be Enough Money To Support Your Retirement (Canadastandard)
19 Jun 2013 | 10:27 pm
Share With Friends:
- Reader Tips (Smalldeadanimals) 19 Jun 2013 | 9:48 pmShare With Friends:
- The sweetest graduation (Washington Post) 19 Jun 2013 | 2:46 pmShare With Friends:
- Cadbury and Coca-Cola shun food label plan (Financial Times) 19 Jun 2013 | 6:59 amShare With Friends:
- BT chief Livingston to be trade minister (Financial Times) 19 Jun 2013 | 6:51 amShare With Friends:
- Greg Hansen: UA's Lalang has a real chance to be the best (Arizona Daily Star) 19 Jun 2013 | 2:00 amShare With Friends:
- Maturitas publishes 2013 update on diagnosis and management of osteoporosis (Eurekalert) 18 Jun 2013 | 11:00 pmShare With Friends:
- Microbial diversity course designated as a 'Milestones in Microbiology' site (Eurekalert) 18 Jun 2013 | 11:00 pmShare With Friends:
- House Moves to Protect Women, Unborn with Late-Term Abortion Ban (Prolifeblogs) 18 Jun 2013 | 7:51 pmRecent Articles
- This One Group of Bankers Can Help You Predict the Markets
- These Five Sectors May Lead the Next Leg of the Rally
- This One Thing Matters More Than Ever in an Investing World Gone Wild
- Will stocks go up or down from here?
- How Much Longer Will This Bull Market Run?
- Don't miss the next secular bull market
- Railroads to new oil boom
- Another way to invest in emerging markets
- An Unexpected Beneficiary of a Recovering Housing Market
- Global Currency War: Unique Opportunities in The Pacific Theater
More Articles by this AuthorAll content on this website is intended only for informational purposes. Seek advice from appropriate professional practitioners for your specific needs.
- Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?...Autism Society National conference, Dallas, Texas
- Helping Those Who Can't Help Themselves!
- ALUT Video-'A song For the world'
- From Haiti devastation to 'Love in Action'
- If you don’t listen, you might get pooped on
- In the End, It's Your Choice
- The Omni Intelligencer welcomes 'Pratham Books'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism awareness month events 2011
- Dating, Marriage & Autism
- Eat local, buy local, live local! Thoughts from an arts-focused community-based localvore
Copyright © 2009-2010 The Omni Intelligencer a division of Abacus26 LLC
All Rights Reserved.
- Reader Tips (Smalldeadanimals) 19 Jun 2013 | 9:48 pm