Have you ever found yourself in despair? Have you ever been in need?
If you have ever found yourself in this place, it can seem that time stands still and the change that you crave so dearly is concealed deep within a fog…….Where is that proverbial search light? The one that guides you. The one that gives clarity to the obstacles that stand in your way. You’re searching, you want desperately to escape and if you had just a little relief or support things may truly turn around.
Sometimes, those closest to you may really encourage you with “When the going gets tough, the tough get going”. That’s a great saying………if, you’re the one on the outside. But, if you’re the one right smack dab in the middle it sounds like……yeah…….a big huge hammer beating you down even further.
In today’s world it seems that we are a generation that has become consumed with greed and self absorption. Our world has become chaotic. Compassion and “love thy neighbor” have become lost in the race of survival and lending a helping hand has become an afterthought rather than the norm.
But, what if……. what if you can make a difference?
Isn’t it amazing the mystery and unknown potential in those two small words: “what if”. What if, you gave a coworker a compliment on their dedication or what if, you wrote a friend a letter to tell them how much you valued them. What if, going through the drive-thru you give the cashier five or ten dollars towards the next car’s purchase. What if, you get creative and look for opportunities to give those “what if” experiences. What if, you pass this story along to others and a revolution of kindness gets started.
Instead of giving “words of wisdom” sometimes the greatest help can come from one single act of kindness or some encouraging words. So, let me encourage you….no, let me challenge you to extend a helping hand today.
Let’s bring change one act at a time and please write your comments expressing what happened or how you felt and let your sharing encourages us all.
|< Prev||Next >|
Rubén Rosario: Who's safe from risk of identity theft? No one (twincities)
Share With Friends:
- Op-Ed Contributor: A Strike Against Student Debt (NY Times)Share With Friends:
- Koreas at Odds Over Wages at Joint Kaesong Complex (Voice Of America)Share With Friends:
- Ruben Rosario: Frank Slade says VA's McDonald has a case of 'Brianitis' (twincities)Share With Friends:
- Fed up with low pay and job instability, some adjunct professors walk out (Washington Post)Share With Friends:
- Mental illness in academic philosophy (Leiter Reports)Share With Friends:
- This Is Awkward (Smalldeadanimals)Share With Friends:
- Zusi leads Sporting KC before record Tucson crowd (Arizona Daily Star)
- Op-Ed Contributor: A Strike Against Student Debt (NY Times)