India economic growth slows to 5.3%, boosts rate cut hopes
28 Nov 2014 | 10:14 am
Cheap oil may temper cheer over strong Canada third quarter GDP
28 Nov 2014 | 10:12 am
By Randall Palmer OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canada's economy grew faster than expected in the third quarter, according to data on Friday, but cheaper oil prices add to the likelihood the Bank of Canada will not consider higher interest rates anytime soon despite the recent run of strong figures. At 2.8 percent, third quarter growth eclipsed a 2.1 percent market forecast and the Bank of Canada's 2.3 percent estimate, following 3.6 percent in the second quarter. ...
South African stocks slide as Sasol hit by lower oil price
28 Nov 2014 | 10:09 am
JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South African stocks slid 1.6 percent on Friday, with petrochemicals firm Sasol tumbling after oil hit a four-year low, reigniting fears about a slowdown in global growth. Brent crude touched $71.12 a barrel after the OPEC oil cartel decided against cutting output despite a supply glut. Although a lower oil price usually helps support economic growth, it may undermine efforts to avert deflation in Japan and Europe. It may also be further evidence the global economy is losing steam, said Abri du Plessis of Gryphon Asset Management. ...
South Africa's twin deficits, weak growth a challenge for policymakers
28 Nov 2014 | 9:23 am
By Stella Mapenzauswa JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - South Africa's trade shortfall widened in October, data showed on Friday, underlining warnings from the central bank that persistent current account and fiscal deficits along with weak economic growth would make policy decisions harder. The trade report sent the rand to its lowest level in a week against the dollar, although it was offset by an energy department announcement that fuel prices would drop from next week because of falling global oil prices. ...
Oil plunge a panacea for much of world economy
28 Nov 2014 | 8:38 am
A renewed plunge in oil prices is a worrying sign of weakness in the global economy that could shake governments dependent on oil revenues. Yet it is also a bonus for consumers as prices fall at the pump, giving individuals more spending money and lowering costs for many businesses.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!