What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
Government: Sport psychology emerging
19 Sep 2014 | 5:44 pm
Our athletes need help to think correctly and focus under pressure
UMBC IO Psychology Webinar: "Managing Millennials in the Workplace" November 11, 2014
18 Sep 2014 | 11:12 pm
UMBC’s IO Psychology Graduate Program is hosting a complimentary webinar to discuss Managing Millennials in the Workplace. (PRWeb September 18, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/09/prweb12178956.htm
‘Sports psychology a must for global success’
18 Sep 2014 | 11:10 pm
KOTA KINABALU : Youth and Sports Minister Datuk Tawfiq Abu Bakar Titingan said sports psychology is a must if Sabah or Malaysia as a whole aspires to produce world class athletes.
Middle school dilemma: Girls' body image affected by older peers
18 Sep 2014 | 5:30 am
( SAGE Publications ) The media is highly criticized for contributing to body image issues in adolescents. However, a study out today in Psychology of Women Quarterly finds a different source for body dissatisfaction among young girls: older girls at school.
UMBC’s Industrial and Organizational Psychology Graduate Program’s Information Session, October 29, 2014
17 Sep 2014 | 11:15 pm
The University of Maryland, Baltimore County’s (UMBC) Industrial and Organizational Psychology Graduate Program’s Information Session provides an opportunity for individuals to learn about UMBC’s IO Psychology Master of Professional Studies and how a graduate degree can advance their career in the IO Psychology industry. (PRWeb September 17, 2014) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
Prof. emeritus Anthony Davids ’49 dies
17 Sep 2014 | 9:17 pm
Anthony Davids ’49, professor emeritus of psychology, died Tuesday morning.
Prof. emeritus dies Tuesday
17 Sep 2014 | 8:47 pm
Anthony Davids ’49, professor emeritus of psychology, died Tuesday morning after a long career as both a faculty member and Corporation member at Brown.
LeadFerret Releases A Directory of Psychology Degree Holders
17 Sep 2014 | 5:41 pm
Today, LeadFerret, the free B2B data site, announced the release of their latest directory of Psychology Degree Holders. With companies ranging across nearly every SIC, and positions ranging from sales to IT to c-level, this directory of detailed contact information, including email addresses, telephone numbers, and, where applicable, social media links, gives access to professionals who hold a ...
Staffordshire University to stage 'psychology in the pub'...
17 Sep 2014 | 7:23 am
A UNIVERSITY is taking lectures out to a pub as part of its latest programme of community events.The 'psychology in the pub' sessions will take place at The Glebe, in Stoke, on the first Wednesday of each month.Karen Rodham, professor of healthy psychology at Staffordshire University, came up with the idea to help get the general public involved in discussing psychology.Topics will cover ...
Psychology Professor Pleads Guilty in Killing of Alleged Rapist
16 Sep 2014 | 9:08 pm
Norma Patricia Esparza accepted a plea deal, says friend, to minimize time away from her daughter
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update