What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
Suit: Chicago psychology school started 'diploma mill' in L.A.
22 Jul 2014 | 11:26 pm
Doctoral students contend they were steered to well-regarded institution's 'diploma mill' DigitalPLUS: Two dozen students sued the Chicago School of Professional Psychology, accusing administrators of steering applicants toward the school's Los Angeles campus while downplaying accreditation concerns.
Volokh Conspiracy: The science of style and fashion
22 Jul 2014 | 6:00 pm
In fashion, science has found, colors should match only moderately.
Humans accepting climate change vs. Jell-O: The Coastal Effect [Greg Laden's Blog]
22 Jul 2014 | 10:31 am
There is an old theory in psychology that characterizes humans as a bowl of Jell-O (Jelly for some of you). Life pokes at the Jell-O, the Jell-O jiggles. Eventually the jiggles begin to change the Jell-O, so certain kinds of pokes result in certain kinds of responses. The Jell-O gurgles, babbles, notices things, learns, develops,…
Psychology of the Beach
22 Jul 2014 | 10:19 am
The beach is the main place to sunbathe, practice sport and relax. It also becomes the setting for seduction, friendships and social comparisons. What happens here is considered perfectly normal to what would happen in other spaces: to be half-naked, lying a few centimetres away from other people.
MCAT 2015: A Sample Psychology Passage
22 Jul 2014 | 9:00 am
Traditionally, organizational approaches to stress management in the workplace have been focused on addressing employee stress at the secondary level of intervention and fostering secondary-level interventions for managing stress. An example of a secondary-level intervention in managing stress is an employee training program for learning skills for handling customer complaints at a retail store ...
Robert A. Moylan, LCPC, Discovers the Simplest and Most Effective Psychology Approach Worldwide to Gain Inner Peace ...
22 Jul 2014 | 7:40 am
NAPERVILLE, Ill., July 22, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Counselor Robert A. Moylan, LCPC has discovered, through 20 years of psychology research, the simplest and most effective behavioral psychology approach currently available in the world to treat most relationship stress, including eating disorders, addictions, depression, anxiety, anger, trauma, marital discord, sports psychology and personality ...
The Powerful Psychology Undermining Your Returns
21 Jul 2014 | 9:17 am
My colleague at the BAM Alliance, Carl Richards, used Morningstar data to note this disturbing fact: The average U.S. stock mutual fund had a 10-year average return of 8.18 percent at the end of 2013. Although it's sad the average investor can't achieve returns equal to the returns of the average mutual fund, the reality can be much worse.
Psychology residency training program receives federal funding for 5th consecutive grant cycle
21 Jul 2014 | 5:18 am
A psychology residency training program that's a joint effort of the Medical College of Georgia at Georgia Regents University and the Charlie Norwood Veterans Affairs Medical Center has received federal funding for the fifth consecutive grant cycle.
California Students from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology Among Recipients of the California Psychology ...
17 Jul 2014 | 4:10 pm
LOS ANGELES, July 17, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Several students from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology's (TCSPP) Clinical Forensic Psychology and Clinical Psychology Doctoral (Psy.D.) Programs are among 37 psychology students in California who have received an internship stipend through the California Psychology Internship Council (CAPIC). The Chicago School is the leading ...
Canadian Positive Psychology Conference Kicks-Off Today
16 Jul 2014 | 12:24 pm
Positive psychology is the scientific study of well-being, happiness and human flourishing. It is the CPPA's mission to have a psychologically healthy Canadian society through the research and application of positive psychology. Over three days, 100 leading positive psychology experts will reveal the latest research and best practices on the science of what makes individuals and communities ...
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update