What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
Psychologist busts myths about psychotherapy
22 Nov 2014 | 8:03 pm
Psychologist Steven Szykula opened students’ minds and offered them a different perspective on the world of psychotherapy. The psychology department was able to host a lecture given...
The psychology of a title showdown
21 Nov 2014 | 3:09 pm
As Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg prepare for one final battle, Andrew Benson finds out how each driver may be feeling.
Why it’s important to understand technical analysis
21 Nov 2014 | 2:30 pm
Technical analysis involves predicting future price movements for stocks, commodities, currency, and bonds. Mass investor psychology is analyzed using historical market data.
How this project took inspiration from Pacman to help students study better
21 Nov 2014 | 1:15 am
A final-year psychology project used gaming principles inspired from games like Pacman and Pokémon to help college students work more efficiently.
Karen Gil to step down in May
21 Nov 2014 | 12:41 am
The Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences will step down in order to return to psychology.
Dr. Bart Rossi Addresses Obama's Personality Traits Leading to Potential Immigration Plan
20 Nov 2014 | 1:27 pm
Dr. Bart Rossi, featured as a reoccurring panelist on several news outlets and current public affair, Emmy Award Winning shows, has solidified his place as one of the most influential political psychologists ...
The Chicago School Of Professional Psychology To Host National Press Club Event
18 Nov 2014 | 9:29 am
WASHINGTON, Nov. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- On November 20, 2014, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology will bring together leading psychologists, journalists, scholars, veterans, and advocates in a dynamic exchange on the future of mental health in the U.S. The Chicago School is the leading nonprofit graduate school devoted exclusively to psychology, and related behavioral and ...
Commonwealth Psychology Associates Named as a 'Top Place to Work in Massachusetts' by The Boston Globe
17 Nov 2014 | 7:35 am
BOSTON, Nov. 17, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Commonwealth Psychology Associates (CPA), a leader in behavioral healthcare, has been named a Top Place to Work in Massachusetts by The Boston Globe. Each year, The ...
Pop psychology research reveals the secret of Eurovision success
14 Nov 2014 | 8:27 pm
Call it pop psychology, but research indicates that our chances of winning the Eurovision song contest are influenced by whether we appear in the semi-final and where we lie in the running order.
3 Trading Tips From This Psychology Major-Turned-Trader
30 Oct 2014 | 11:45 am
With a background in psychology, Rachel Shasha has been studying the market more than five years. She recently joined Benzinga’s #PreMarket Prep broadcast to talk about three psychological tips that traders ...
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update