What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
Mental illness not a driving force behind crime
23 Apr 2014 | 9:49 am
TUESDAY, April 22, 2014 (HealthDay News) -- Less than 10 percent of crimes committed by mentally ill people are directly linked to the symptoms of their disorders, a new study shows. "When we hear about crimes committed by people with mental illness, they tend to be big headline-making crimes, so they get stuck in people's heads," said study author Jillian Peterson, a psychology professor at ...
Psychology at Work
23 Apr 2014 | 5:49 am
Managers engaged in diverse forms of people management are becoming increasingly responsive to how psychology factors in their work and in the interactions present in the workplace.
Psychology books of the year – review
23 Apr 2014 | 5:27 am
Books with a literary or philosophical angle gained the ascendancy in 2013 after a period of domination by the neuroscientists • See Robin McKie's science books of the year here Ever since its origins in the late 19th century, psychology has been a double discipline. There are the laboratory experimentalists who look "objectively" – from the outside – at behaviour, emotions, perception, or ...
Science Suggests 'The Dog' Doesn't Exist (Op-Ed)
22 Apr 2014 | 8:56 pm
Marc Bekoff, emeritus professor at the University of Colorado, Boulder, is one of the world's pioneering cognitive ethologists, a Guggenheim Fellow, and co-founder with Jane Goodall of Ethologists for the Ethical Treatment of Animals. This Op-Ed is adapted from one that appeared in Bekoff's column Animal Emotions in Psychology Today.
After dismissal, former DePauw professor Akshat Vyas says he wants job back
22 Apr 2014 | 2:56 pm
Suspended psychology professor, Akshat Vyas. Three days after his termination, former DePauw psychology professor Akshat Vyas asserted in an interview that he did nothing to merit his dismissal from the university faculty.
Watch: Neon Trees Rocks Times Square With 'Love in the 21st Century'
22 Apr 2014 | 8:40 am
The band performs one of the hit songs off new album "Pop Psychology."
DePauw psychology professor Akshat Vyas suspended amid numerous allegations
18 Apr 2014 | 4:41 am
Suspended psychology professor, Akshat Vyas. In the basement of Harrison Hall cages of finches occupy a research laboratory. Their keeper, after facing serious allegations, had to abandon them.
Psychology Website Names 30 Most Prominent Psychologists on Twitter
14 Apr 2014 | 7:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new article on BestPsychologyDegrees.com features the most outstanding psychologists in the social media stratosphere of Twitter. In the article, "30 ...
Will Digital Technology Disrupt The Psychotherapy Market?
12 Apr 2014 | 3:55 pm
@giorodriguez Probably. And a field called positive psychology might shape the disruption Not long ago, I wrote a brief article about the curious rise of a new technology category, which for lack of a better term can be called happy-tech. I asked the question, in my headline: “Can Social Technology Help [...]
Psychology honor society presents findings
10 Apr 2014 | 12:08 am
Written by: Jessica Tripp on November 24, 2008. UNLV psychology majors have been conducting research throughout their college careers. Thursday, they had a chance to finally present their conclusions at the Undergraduate Psychology Research Conference.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update