What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
The psychology of predators
18 Apr 2014 | 9:57 am
Their crimes are among the most heinous in our society: devastating for their victims and abhorrent to the population at large. The actions of sexual predators also raise uncomfortable, difficult questions. What would allow someone to act in this way? Is it something that can be recognized early enough to prevent the horrible actions? In effect, how does someone turn into a sexual predator?
How Cutting Down On Clutter Can Increase Your Productivity
18 Apr 2014 | 7:36 am
Armed with a label maker and a degree in psychology, Natalie Schrier creates calm out of chaos. As anyone who has watched an episode of Hoarders knows, holding on to things (especially fossilized cat skeletons ) is almost never about the actual thing . There is usually a strong emotional or psychological undercurrent to all that disorder. So it makes sense that when Natalie Schrier, president of ...
DePauw psychology professor Akshat Vyas suspended amid numerous allegations
18 Apr 2014 | 4:41 am
Suspended psychology professor, Akshat Vyas. In the basement of Harrison Hall cages of finches occupy a research laboratory. Their keeper, after facing serious allegations, had to abandon them.
Psychology of tennis jitters
17 Apr 2014 | 8:14 pm
Before every tennis match, Spencer Brief runs through his strengths and his opponent's weaknesses.
The Psychology of Being Fired
17 Apr 2014 | 9:25 am
Sherrie Bourg Carter, psychologist and author of "High-Octane Women: How Superachievers Can Avoid Burnout, " says people truss their occupations to their identity. Because of this, common emotions that surround losing a job -- either from being fired or laid off -- mirror the grief experienced when losing a loved one. "Most people report feeling a whirlwind of emotions, but the most typical are ...
Audio-Digest Foundation Announces the Release of Psychology Volume 03, Issue 04: Compassionate Care and Spiritually ...
17 Apr 2014 | 7:00 am
Emma Bragdon, PhD, Director and Founder, Integrative Mental Health University, Woodstock, VT, presented on Brazil: Integrated Cultures, Philosophy and Principles of Spiritism, Spiritist Centers, and Spiritist ...
PUndergraduate UF psychology lab starts GoFundMe campaign to buy programs
16 Apr 2014 | 10:58 pm
An undergraduate-run psychology research laboratory at UF is using crowdfunding to raise money for its studies.
15 Apr 2014 | 9:25 pm
Understanding human mind and its influence on behaviour can sure be an intriguing science. Patricia Mascarenhas finds out why psychology as a career is catching up
Psychology Website Names 30 Most Prominent Psychologists on Twitter
14 Apr 2014 | 7:30 am
NASHVILLE, Tenn., April 14, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- A new article on BestPsychologyDegrees.com features the most outstanding psychologists in the social media stratosphere of Twitter. In the article, "30 ...
Will Digital Technology Disrupt The Psychotherapy Market?
12 Apr 2014 | 3:55 pm
@giorodriguez Probably. And a field called positive psychology might shape the disruption Not long ago, I wrote a brief article about the curious rise of a new technology category, which for lack of a better term can be called happy-tech. I asked the question, in my headline: “Can Social Technology Help [...]
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update