What do you wish were different in your life? Is everything exactly the way you would like for it to be? How much control do you believe you have over changes you would like to see manefested in the coming year?
One of the most destructive misperceptions in existence is that we lack personal power. Each of us, within each moment, makes a choice or choices. Consciously or unconsciously we choose:
- to love or fear...
- to take authority or to be passive...
- to have a consciousness of lack, or of supply...
- to exist in a state of misery or bliss.
We choose our thoughts, our emotions and ultimately our circumstances. To deny that we are creative forces in this earthly existence abdicates our authority as unique expressions of (God, the divine, the absolute, universal consciousness….insert your term of preference) and causes us to wonder, “Who, what and why in the world am I?”
The following video gives a wonderful glimpse of how powerful our individual choices are for ourselves, our community and our world. Many say, ”As above, so below.” I would further state, ‘As within, so without’, which leads to Mahatma Ghandi’s wonderful quote, “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”...the practical application would be, "Your thoughts become your actions, your actions become your habits, your habits become your destiny."
What do you choose for 2010?
|< Prev||Next >|
Scientists and practitioners don't see eye to eye on repressed memory
12 Dec 2013 | 11:31 pm
( Association for Psychological Science ) Skepticism about repressed traumatic memories has increased over time, but new research published in Psychological Science shows that psychology researchers and practitioners still tend to hold different beliefs about whether such memories occur and whether they can be accurately retrieved.
Xavier University to offer a doctorate in clinical psychology
12 Dec 2013 | 7:01 pm
In a move to help rebuild mental health services in the New Orleans area, Xavier University will launch a program next fall that will lead to a doctorate in clinical psychology.This is important, Xavier President Norman Francis said, because the...
Psychology of Lululemon: How Fashion Affects Fitness
12 Dec 2013 | 10:32 am
Does expensive athletic wear actually incline us to work out? "Enclothed cognition" proposes that the clothes you wear directly affect how we think and what we do.
Liberals & Conservatives Literally Moving Farther Apart
12 Dec 2013 | 7:16 am
The resulting political sorting could make it easier for Democrats and Republicans to demonize one another. But the new study is the first to examine the sort on an individual level, said study researcher Matthew Motyl, a doctoral candidate in social psychology at the University of Virginia. "There's this political problem that people are segregating into red and blue communities, but we don't ...
Eric Muschinski Investor Psychology Can Trump Market Fundamentals
11 Dec 2013 | 10:28 am
(MENAFN - InvestorIdea) Eric Muschinski: Investor Psychology Can Trump Market Fundamentals Source: Special to The Gold Report November 13, 2013 (Investorideas.com Mining stocks...
READER SUBMITTED: Samantha Tabak Of North Haven Inducted Into Honor Society At AIC
10 Dec 2013 | 11:17 am
Samantha Tabak of North Haven was among 19 American International College students inducted by the local chapter of Psi Chi, the psychology honor society. The new members were sworn in during a ceremony in the Bradley Room. Family, friends and faculty gathered for the event which was held on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
READER SUBMITTED: Lindsay Erickson Of Kensington Inducted Into Honor Society At AIC
10 Dec 2013 | 11:16 am
Lindsay Erickson of Kensington was one of 19 American International College students inducted into the local chapter of Psi Chi, the psychology honor society. Family, friends and faculty gathered in the Bradley Room for the event, which was held on Wednesday, Dec. 4.
AP Psychology Course Available at Educator.com
10 Dec 2013 | 3:25 am
Educator.com's AP Psychology course is in addition to 80+ subjects already available for high school, college, test prep, and professional subjects. (PRWeb December 10, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/11/prweb11309611.htm
Xavier University of Louisiana to Host First Clinical Psy.D. Program in the State Launched by The Chicago School Of ...
9 Dec 2013 | 2:49 pm
Demand for Clinical Psychology Training and Practitioners in New Orleans High LOS ANGELES, Dec. 9, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Xavier University of Louisiana (XULA) and The Chicago School of Professional Psychology (TCSPP) have reached a formal agreement to launch a Doctor of...
Psychology study: Wedded bliss and gut feelings sometimes conflict
28 Nov 2013 | 5:08 pm
A psychology study finds newlyweds may at some level already know they’re unhappy with their partner.
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- What food is it that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?
- How to Make Rising Interest Rates Work for You - The Future of Gold
- Most Profitable Time For Gold and Gold Miner Stocks - Is It Time Yet?
- What About Inflation? Is it Dead?
- Simple tools for creating the life you want
- Beyond Addiction
- Freedom from troubles.
- Male Logic ...
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Seventeen - Finding Me
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Six - Thinking and Creating
- The Impersonal Life – Chapter Sixteen - The Christ and Love
- Your Human Potential is unlimited
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- Climbing Tiny Mountains Part 5...The End? or, just the Begining?
- Climbing Tiny Mountians... Part 4
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?": Abilene Texas, Bangkok and Dubai Continue reading on Ex
- Autism Round Table: Perspectives from Fazli Azeem, Lars Perner PhD., and Dr. Stephen M. Shore
- Dr. Stephen Shore on 'World Footprints Radio'
- "Where in the World is Dr. Stephen Shore?"-Autism conference: The White House
- "Artism: The Art of Autism" Book Review
- Asking Ann About Autism: Robin's Siblings
- Asking Ann About Autism: Our experience as parents
- Asking Ann About Autism: Moving out-Independent living
- Autism Round Table: Video Self Modeling
- Video modeling project update