- One Thing Needs to Happen Before Precious Metals Start to Rally Again
- Gold Is the Most Hated Investment You Might Want to Love
- One way to deal with rising interest rates ...
- Gold and Silver: Urgent Steps to Take Right Now
- Gold Is Sliding Right Into a Major Support Level
- Most Investors Are About to Learn This Lesson the Hard Way
- Gold’s Drop Begs the Question: When Is it Time to Buy?
- This One Group of Bankers Can Help You Predict the Markets
- These Five Sectors May Lead the Next Leg of the Rally
- This One Thing Matters More Than Ever in an Investing World Gone Wild
- Will stocks go up or down from here?
- DUI - SOUTHERN STYLE
- The Chair Test
- How Much Longer Will This Bull Market Run?
- Don't miss the next secular bull market
- Railroads to new oil boom
- Another way to invest in emerging markets
- An Unexpected Beneficiary of a Recovering Housing Market
- Global Currency War: Unique Opportunities in The Pacific Theater
- Israel develops the next generation operating room
- Turmoil in Venezuela Could Spell Opportunity for You
- The way to be healthy, happy, and full of energy that works
- Turning points coming soon, market action set to heat up, lots of trading opportunities ahead
- Male Logic ...
- Will the Dogs of the Dow Hunt in 2013?
Maine nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride
30 Oct 2014 | 11:20 am
FORT KENT, Maine (AP) — All but daring Maine health authorities to go to court to have her confined, nurse Kaci Hickox went out on a bike ride Thursday in defiance of the state's voluntary quarantine for medical workers who have treated Ebola patients.
Flames, smoke after small plane crash in Kansas
30 Oct 2014 | 11:20 am
Apple chief Tim Cook puts focus on gay rights
30 Oct 2014 | 11:11 am
Apple's Tim Cook on Thursday became the most prominent chief executive to acknowledge his homosexuality, putting fresh focus on gay representation in the boardroom. Cook's announcement, in an essay written for Bloomberg Businessweek, is a watershed since he is the first CEO of a major US corporation to make such a declaration. "I think the result is that it will make gay culture more mainstream," said Roger Kay of Endpoint Technologies Associates, a consultant and analyst who follows the tech sector.
Ebola fears infect Louisiana medical conference
30 Oct 2014 | 11:10 am
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Ebola fears have infected a medical conference on the subject. Louisiana state health officials told thousands of doctors planning to attend a tropical diseases meeting this weekend in New Orleans to stay away if they have been to certain African countries or have had contact with an Ebola patient in the last 21 days.
Fire chief: At least 2 dead inside Kansas airport building where small plane crashed
30 Oct 2014 | 11:10 am
WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — Fire chief: At least 2 dead inside Kansas airport building where small plane crashed.
Hall of fame for mustaches? Why not?
30 Oct 2014 | 11:08 am
ST. LOUIS (AP) — There are halls of fame for everything from baseball to rock 'n' roll, so why shouldn't those with a hairy upper lip get their just rewards?
US economy grew 3.5% in third quarter
30 Oct 2014 | 11:03 am
US economic growth was robust in the third quarter, according to the first government estimate Thursday, appearing to underscore the Federal Reserve's decision to end its asset-buying stimulus program. The world's largest economy expanded at an annual rate of 3.5 percent in the July-September period as defense spending surged and exports climbed, narrowing the trade gap, the Commerce Department said. The economy contracted 2.1 percent in the first quarter largely due to severe winter weather. "Growth above three percent in four of the past five quarters is starting to look like a trend," said Ian Shepherdson of Pantheon Macroeconomics.
Lebanese army detains 50 in north after weekend clashes
30 Oct 2014 | 10:59 am
BEIRUT (Reuters) - Lebanese troops detained 50 people in raids on towns and Syrian refugee camps in the north of the country, the army said on Thursday, part of a security crackdown after battles with Islamist gunmen over the weekend. The army has mounted several raids since Islamist militants clashed with soldiers in and around the northern city of Tripoli from Friday to Sunday, some of the worst fighting to spill over to Lebanon from the Syrian civil war. Soldiers moved on the towns of al-Minya, Mashta Hassan, Mashta Hammoud and refugee camps in the town of Behneen on Wednesday. ...
Labour faces collapse in support in Scotland - poll
30 Oct 2014 | 10:59 am
LONDON/EDINBURGH (Reuters) - Britain's opposition Labour party could be almost wiped out in Scotland at a UK-wide election next year, a poll showed on Thursday, raising questions about its ability to defeat Prime Minister David Cameron's Conservatives. The poll, by Ipsos MORI, showed just 23 percent of Scottish voters planned to back the left-leaning party, which has been hurt by the rise in popularity of the Scottish National Party (SNP) despite the SNP's failure to secure Scottish independence. Labour has traditionally dominated Scottish politics and won 41 of 59 Scottish seats in Britain's parliament in the last UK-wide election, in 2010. By contrast, Ipsos said 52 percent of Scots planned to back the SNP, who led the push for Scottish independence at a referendum last month.
Financing puts EU, Ukraine, Russia gas talks on hold
30 Oct 2014 | 10:55 am
The EU, Russia and Ukraine were trying to find the money on Thursday so Kiev can settle a bitter gas supply dispute with Moscow, as the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine claimed more lives. With more gas talks due later Thursday in Brussels, Ukraine said seven of its soldiers had been killed by pro-Russian rebels in the biggest daily toll in more than two weeks while NATO warned the alliance was "vigilant" in the face of increased Russian military activity in European airspace. Meanwhile the prospect of Russia recognising elections Sunday by pro-Moscow rebels in the parts of eastern Ukraine they control threatened to harden divisions on the ground, undercutting EU efforts to get Moscow to stick by a September peace roadmap.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!