- Don't miss the next secular bull market
- Railroads to new oil boom
- Another way to invest in emerging markets
- An Unexpected Beneficiary of a Recovering Housing Market
- Global Currency War: Unique Opportunities in The Pacific Theater
- Israel develops the next generation operating room
- Turmoil in Venezuela Could Spell Opportunity for You
- The way to be healthy, happy, and full of energy that works
- Turning points coming soon, market action set to heat up, lots of trading opportunities ahead
- Male Logic ...
- Will the Dogs of the Dow Hunt in 2013?
- FOMC Minutes Signal End of Bond Bubble
- INSTALLING A HUSBAND
- New Orleans, New Zealand among 2013 hot spots: Orbitz
- 2013's Most Important Market ...
- Green Shoots in Europe?
- 3 Post-Fiscal Cliff Investment Opportunities
- Ben's Friend: QE IV Is Coming!
- Surprising New Developments in 2 Major Markets!
- US Treasuries becoming return free investments
- Most cost effective way to participate in stocks
- This can change your outcome in investments and trading
- ETFs Behaving Badly or User Misunderstanding?
- Dividend stocks in more cyclical industries
- This is good
Rescue of 2 injured climbers underway on Mount Hood
31 Jan 2015 | 5:48 pm
PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — The Clackamas County sheriff's office says a helicopter rescue operation is underway on Mount Hood after two climbers were injured.
IS claims beheading of second Japanese captive
31 Jan 2015 | 5:48 pm
The Islamic State group said in a video Saturday it had beheaded a second Japanese hostage, drawing outrage from Tokyo and condemnation from Washington. Japanese journalist Kenji Goto is seen kneeling next to a standing masked man who speaks with a British accent and blames the Japanese government for his "slaughter". The executioner, who is standing against a mountainous background, addresses Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, saying the murder of Goto would mark the beginning of "the nightmare for Japan". Goto's killing, he said, was the result of "reckless" decisions by the Japanese government.
Laird takes a 3-shot lead in Phoenix Open
31 Jan 2015 | 5:28 pm
Chad army says kills 120 Boko Haram militants in Cameroon
31 Jan 2015 | 5:10 pm
N'DJAMENA (Reuters) - Chadian forces have killed 120 militants from Boko Haram in a battle in the north of neighbouring Cameroon that began when the insurgents attacked its troops, the army said in a statement on Saturday, adding that three of its soldiers were killed. Boko Haram has recently launched cross-border attacks from Nigeria into Cameroon and Chad as part of its five-year drive for an Islamist state in the northeast of Nigeria. Chad and Cameroon have stepped up troop deployments to fight the militants and on Saturday Chad's army said it bombarded Boko Haram militants.
Lydia Ko takes No. 1 spot at 17, Na Yeon Choi wins opener
31 Jan 2015 | 5:09 pm
OCALA, Fla. (AP) — With a notable double prize not only within reach, but practically in her grip, teen star Lydia Ko had to settle for half of the spoils Saturday — though it represented a significant piece of golf history, nonetheless.
Video: Islamic State group beheads Japanese journalist
31 Jan 2015 | 5:07 pm
TOKYO (AP) — An online video released Saturday night purported to show an Islamic State group militant beheading Japanese journalist Kenji Goto, ending days of negotiations to save the man and heightening fears for the life a Jordanian fighter pilot also held hostage.
Record-breaking balloonists splashdown off Mexico
31 Jan 2015 | 5:00 pm
Troy Bradley and Leonid Tiukhtyaev made a controlled descent four miles off the coast of Baja California near La Poza Grande after a change in winds made a landing at sea a "more prudent" option than landing onshore. "Mexican authorities are cooperating fully and the Coast Guard is enroute to the balloon. We anticipate they will tow the capsule to shore," a statement from the Two Eagles team said. "A water landing is acceptable under the international rules governing the establishment of world records," the statement said, noting that two recognized around-the-world records also ended at sea.
AP Interview: NYC mayor says he has moved past police crisis
31 Jan 2015 | 4:47 pm
NEW YORK (AP) — Weeks removed from an open revolt from his own police force that had officers turning their backs on him, Mayor Bill de Blasio now declares he has moved past the rift, striking a tenuous truce with a strategy to stay above the fray and public opinion that eventually soured on the cops' behavior.
Obama budget sets up battle with GOP-controlled Congress
31 Jan 2015 | 4:42 pm
WASHINGTON (AP) — After a year of relative peace in Washington's budget battles, President Barack Obama will lay out a $4 trillion budget on Monday that needles Republicans with proposals for higher taxes on the wealthy and businesses to pay for education, public works projects and child care.
Islamic State says beheads Japanese hostage Goto
31 Jan 2015 | 4:39 pm
By Sylvia Westall and William Mallard BEIRUT/TOKYO (Reuters) - Islamic State militants said on Saturday they had killed Japanese hostage Kenji Goto, after the apparent failure of sustained international efforts to secure his release through a prisoner swap. The hardline Islamist group, an offshoot of al Qaeda which controls large parts of Syria and Iraq, released a video which purported to show the beheaded body of journalist Goto and threatened further attacks on Japanese targets. Islamic State has said Goto was held along with a Jordanian pilot. The video did not mention the pilot.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!