- The psychology of away messages
- Do You Sometimes Wonder If You Are Networking Material?
- Who is 'Avatar'
- Kimberly Larochelle
- What About Greed?
- The Omni Intelligencer asks: What Kind of ‘Intelligent’ are you?
- How to find a good yoga teacher.
- Ten Helpful Hints...
- Snapshot of A Grammy Nominee
- How to, 'Let food be your medicine'
- This is The Omni Intelligencer
- Jeffrey Smith: GMO's and Weston A. Price presentation video
- State of the union address: According to Jon Stewart!
- Tricking you into consuming GMO and toxic food.
- 2010 construction volume forecast by Engineering News Record (ENR)
- New scientific study confirms that spices have the highest antioxidant content of all foods
- Apple Tablet: The iPad is here, so....what's next?
- Interview with Dr. Andrew Weil
- How to Reduce Your Risk of Cancer By 50%
- Hotels Helping Haiti
- Want to Keep Your Job? Get More Education
- Is a Day at The Beach really...A Day at The Beach for Autism Spectrum???
- Advice for the fresh out of school
- “When You Wallow with the Pigs, Expect to Get Dirty”
- In Business, You Have to Give to Receive
Plodding storm moves out of US at last
11 Dec 2013 | 3:13 am
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — The storm that iced over Dallas, buried Philadelphia in snow and stranded drivers and air travelers everywhere in between at last plodded out of New England, exiting in muted fashion after days of foul weather.
US assistant secretary of state visits Kiev Independence Square
11 Dec 2013 | 3:12 am
KIEV (Reuters) - U.S. Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland visited Independence Square in the Ukrainian capital Kiev on Wednesday, the U.S. embassy said, and an opposition leader said she talked to protesters. A spokesman for the embassy said she had visited Maidan, where several thousand of protesters were calling for the resignation of President Viktor Yanukovich. (Writing by Elizabeth Piper, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
GM to stop making cars in Australia by 2017
11 Dec 2013 | 3:08 am
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — General Motors Co. said Wednesday it will stop making cars and engines in Australia by the end of 2017, with nearly 2,900 jobs to be lost, because of high production costs and competition.
Ukraine says customs union will not be raised in Russia meeting
11 Dec 2013 | 2:58 am
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukrainian Prime Minister Mykola Azarov said on Wednesday that the issue of joining a customs union with Russia would be not raised in talks later this month in Moscow. Speaking to his cabinet, Azarov said: "We are preparing a lot of documents for the meeting of the Russian/Ukrainian state commission, which will take place on December 17. But I want to end the speculation immediately and say that there will be no talks about the customs union." (Reporting by Natalia Zinets, Writing by Elizabeth Piper, Editing by Timothy Heritage)
Mandela's body arrives for viewing in South Africa
11 Dec 2013 | 2:53 am
PRETORIA, South Africa (AP) — A flag-draped casket containing the body of Nelson Mandela arrived with a military honor guard Wednesday in an amphitheater where he was sworn in 19 years ago as South Africa's first black president.
Mandela lies in state
11 Dec 2013 | 2:52 am
Nelson Mandela's flag-draped casket made a solemn journey through the streets of Pretoria Wednesday, arriving at the seat of South Africa's government where he will lie in state for three days. "I never met Mandela, so this is my only chance and it's important I pay my respects. I'm South African -- I have to be here," said 28-year-old Vaughan Motshwene. Some cheered but many were tearful, aware that Mandela's death on Thursday aged 95, opened a new chapter in South African history.
Pacers keep pressure on Heat with 90-84 win
11 Dec 2013 | 2:49 am
India's top court reinstates ban on gay sex
11 Dec 2013 | 2:44 am
India's Supreme Court reinstated a colonial-era ban on gay sex on Wednesday that could see homosexuals jailed for up to 10 years in a major setback for rights campaigners in the world's biggest democracy. A two-judge bench struck down a Delhi High Court ruling in 2009 that section 377 of the Indian penal code prohibiting "carnal acts against the order of nature" infringed the fundamental rights of Indians. But a two-judge Supreme Court bench headed by G.S. Singhvi, who will retire on Thursday, found that the High Court had overstepped and that the law against gay sex was constitutionally valid. The 2009 High Court decision was strongly opposed by religious groups, particularly leaders of India's Muslim and Christian communities, who appealed to the Supreme Court.
Ukraine seeks 20 billion euros in aid from EU: PM
11 Dec 2013 | 2:44 am
KIEV (Reuters) - Ukraine has asked the European Union to provide it with 20 billion euros ($27.54 billion) in aid, Prime Minister Mykola Azarov was quoted as saying on Wednesday. Interfax news agency quoted Azarov as telling his government that Ukraine would need the money if it were to sign a trade pact with the EU which it backed away from last month. (reporting by Natalia Zinets, Writing by Timothy Heritage, Editing by Elizabeth Piper)
AP-GfK poll: Low approval of Congress, Obama
11 Dec 2013 | 2:41 am
WASHINGTON (AP) — Heading into a congressional election year, Americans hold Congress in strikingly low regard, and nearly two-thirds say they would like to see their House member replaced, a new poll finds.
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- What food is it that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?
- How to Make Rising Interest Rates Work for You - The Future of Gold
- Most Profitable Time For Gold and Gold Miner Stocks - Is It Time Yet?
- What About Inflation? Is it Dead?
- Gold and Silver 15% Surge in GDXJ Indicates Potential Major Bottom