- Freedom from troubles.
- The Sideways Glance...
- Cowboy Values--Can We Bring Them Back?
- What do you choose for 2010?
- Digital solutions for construction industry
- Nature's own internet.
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- MagicJack for the cell phone
- Superbrain yoga!
- ‘The known universe’, by AMNH
- Thoughts for a New Year: Meat of known origin, revisited
- Commercial real estate investments to double in 2010?
- Normal is relative.
- Pranav Mistry & His Amazing SixthSense Technology
- The "Bull" that is Autism...
- Tablet demo: Sports Illustrated gives tablet demo ‘sneak peek’
- The new tallest building in the world Burj Khalifa
- China–ASEAN Free Trade Area
- What Does Autism "Look" Like?
- Jyoti Basu: Longest serving Indian political figure, dies
- Three Democrats step down: 2 senators, 1 governor
- Google phone cometh!: Nexus One
- 'The Burj Khalifa': Now tallest building in the world
- Obama to outline new airline safety measures
- Benefits of writing with The Omni Intelligencer
Hagel lands in Kabul amid chaos over security deal
7 Dec 2013 | 5:13 am
KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) — U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel is visiting with American forces in Afghanistan amid a stubborn stand-off between the U.S. and Afghan leaders over a security agreement that President Hamid Karzai still refuses to sign despite increasing pressure from diplomatic and defense officials.
UN nuclear watchdog inspectors arrive in Iran
7 Dec 2013 | 5:11 am
Obama takes up new agenda item after battering on healthcare
7 Dec 2013 | 5:08 am
By Steve Holland and Susan Cornwell WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President Barack Obama, battered by weeks of turmoil over the malfunctioning HealthCare.Gov website, turned to a fresh item on his agenda on Saturday as he pressured Republicans in Congress to extend benefits for jobless Americans. It was a sign Obama may be slowly turning the corner from one of the worst crises of his five years in office, emerging bruised and weakened from the troubled rollout of his signature healthcare law, even as big challenges remain. "For decades, Congress has voted to offer relief to job-seekers - including when the unemployment rate was lower than it is today," Obama said in his weekly address. Attending memorial services in South Africa next week for late South African President Nelson Mandela and then launching into holiday season festivities will also allow for a change of subject from the healthcare controversy.
Putin spokesman: customs union not discussed
7 Dec 2013 | 5:04 am
KIEV, Ukraine (AP) — The spokesman for Russia's president says Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych and Vladimir Putin didn't discuss Ukraine joining a Russian-led customs union, one of the issues driving large protests now in their third week in Kiev.
Obama calls on Congress to extend jobless benefits
7 Dec 2013 | 5:02 am
U.S. veteran in 'excellent spirits' after North Korea release: son
7 Dec 2013 | 5:01 am
An American veteran of the Korean War detained for more than a month in North Korea is in "excellent spirits" after his release, the 85-year-old man's son said on Friday. Merrill Newman was a U.S. special forces soldier in the 1950-53 war and worked with guerrillas fighting behind the lines. North Korea had called him a war criminal. His son, Jeffrey Newman, told reporters outside his ranch-style home in Pasadena that the family spoke briefly with his father after he arrived in Beijing from Pyongyang.
North Korea frees U.S. Korean War veteran after seven weeks
7 Dec 2013 | 5:01 am
By Ben Blanchard and Michael Martina BEIJING (Reuters) - North Korea freed an 85-year-old retired American soldier on Saturday after detaining him for more than a month for crimes it said he committed during the Korean War six decades ago. The veteran, Merrill E. Newman, flew to China from North Korea in the morning. Hours later he left on a United Airlines flight to San Francisco to be reunited with his family, sources at Beijing airport said. North Korea's official KCNA news agency earlier said he was being deported on humanitarian grounds and because he had admitted to his wrongdoing and apologized.
U.S. veteran Newman on flight home after release from North Korea
7 Dec 2013 | 5:01 am
An 85-year-old U.S. veteran of the Korean War detained for more than a month in North Korea left Beijing on Saturday on a flight to San Francisco, hours after being deported from the secretive state, sources at the airport said. Merrill Newman, who had earlier arrived in Beijing from Pyongyang, left China on a United Airlines direct flight to California, where he lives in a retirement community in Palo Alto. North Korea, which had detained him over his role in special forces operations in the war six decades ago, said he had been released on humanitarian grounds and because he had admitted to his wrongdoing and apologized.
Air traffic computer fault hits flights from England
7 Dec 2013 | 5:00 am
Thousands of travellers were delayed at major airports across England on Saturday because of a technical problem at an air traffic control centre. Disruption was reported at most airports including Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted, after what National Air Traffic Services (NATS) said was a computer glitch at its control centre in Swanwick in Hampshire. NATS said the problem began when its night operating system failed properly to switch over to daytime mode. "We experienced a technical problem in the early hours of this morning, which means that it hasn't been possible to ... split out the sectors for the busier daytime traffic." NATS did not give any estimate of when normal service would be resumed.
Thai premier: No quick end to political impasse
7 Dec 2013 | 4:48 am
BANGKOK (AP) — Thailand's prime minister said Saturday that while she sees no quick end to her country's deep political impasse, her government is willing to negotiate with opponents to end the crisis.
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- What food is it that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?
- How to Make Rising Interest Rates Work for You - The Future of Gold
- Most Profitable Time For Gold and Gold Miner Stocks - Is It Time Yet?
- What About Inflation? Is it Dead?
- Gold and Silver 15% Surge in GDXJ Indicates Potential Major Bottom