- Thoughts for a New Year: Meat of known origin, revisited
- Commercial real estate investments to double in 2010?
- Normal is relative.
- Pranav Mistry & His Amazing SixthSense Technology
- The "Bull" that is Autism...
- Tablet demo: Sports Illustrated gives tablet demo ‘sneak peek’
- The new tallest building in the world Burj Khalifa
- China–ASEAN Free Trade Area
- What Does Autism "Look" Like?
- Jyoti Basu: Longest serving Indian political figure, dies
- Three Democrats step down: 2 senators, 1 governor
- Google phone cometh!: Nexus One
- 'The Burj Khalifa': Now tallest building in the world
- Obama to outline new airline safety measures
- Benefits of writing with The Omni Intelligencer
- Interview with Dr. William Tiller, renowned physicist
- New physics paradigm: Introduction to the research of Dr. Williaim Tiller
- 'The Inner Core'-by Robert L. Marshall, book review
- Heart MD Institute: East meets west
- Autism dialogue: Ability vs. disability
- Writing your articles for increased readership
- Autism: Music, movement and the Mozart effect
- Bullying is the problem: One solution is 'Operation Respect'
- Mr. Rogers and his impact to PBS funding
- How to become a featured author
West Virginia's Joe Manchin says he'll run again for Senate
19 Apr 2015 | 12:20 pm
CHARLESTON, W.Va. (AP) — Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin of West Virginia said on Sunday that he will run for re-election in 2018 rather than make a return bid for governor next year, saying he believes he can have the greatest impact by staying in Washington.
Houthi leader accuses Saudi Arabia of seeking to occupy Yemen
19 Apr 2015 | 12:12 pm
ADEN (Reuters) - The leader of Yemen's Iranian-allied Houthi rebels, Abdel-Malek al-Houthi, accused Saudi Arabia on Sunday of trying to invade and occupy the country and bring it under its hegemony. Saudi Arabia has led three weeks of air strikes on the Houthis, hoping to halt advances that could give the Shi'ites from the north full control of Yemen and enable Riyadh's arch-foe Tehran to expand its influence in the Arabian peninsula. (Reporting by Noah Browning; Writing by Michael Georgy; Editing by Gareth Jones)
Evacuation orders lifted near Southern California wildfire
19 Apr 2015 | 12:08 pm
Afghan police say insurgents enter southern police compound
19 Apr 2015 | 12:04 pm
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) — Insurgents armed with guns and explosives entered a police station in Afghanistan's southern city of Lashkar Gar on Sunday after a suicide bomber detonated explosives at the gate of the compound allowing the others to gain entry, a senior policeman said.
Video: Islamic State kills Ethiopian Christians in Libya
19 Apr 2015 | 12:03 pm
CAIRO (AP) — Islamic State militants in Libya shot and beheaded groups of captive Ethiopian Christians, a video purportedly from the extremists showed Sunday. The attack widens the circle of nations affected by the group's atrocities while showing its growth beyond a self-declared caliphate in Syria and Iraq.
Shanghai GM to spend $16 billion developing new vehicles
19 Apr 2015 | 11:58 am
Shanghai GM, a joint venture between General Motors and China's SAIC Motor Corp , plans to spend 100 billion yuan ($16 billion) over the next five years developing new vehicles, Shanghai GM President Wang Yongqing said on Sunday. Shanghai GM will spend 26.5 billion yuan on environmentally friendly products, including 10 "new-energy models" - traditional and plug-in hybrids - by 2020, he said. Shanghai GM has 13 new engines and nine new transmissions "in the pipeline" and plans to expand use of small-displacement, direct-injection and turbo engines, introducing diesel engines "when the time is ripe", he said.
Oklahoma City victims remembered 20 years after bombing
19 Apr 2015 | 11:57 am
By Heide Brandes OKLAHOMA CITY (Reuters) - Hundreds of people gathered on Sunday at the site of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing to remember the 168 men, women and children killed when a truck stuffed with tons of explosives blew up at a downtown federal building. Former President Bill Clinton was among the dignitaries who addressed the crowd outside the Oklahoma City National Memorial and Museum. "Oklahoma City, you had to choose to redeem your terrible losses by having to begin again," said Clinton, who was in his first term in office at the time of the attack, one of the deadliest of its kind ever staged on U.S. soil. “It was 60 minutes of terror,” said Oklahoma City Mayor Mick Cornett.
Vesnina and Pavlyuchenkova put Russia into Fed Cup final
19 Apr 2015 | 11:56 am
Elena Vesnina and Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova beat Sabine Lisicki and Andrea Petkovic in the deciding rubber of the Fed Cup World Group semi-final against Germany on Sunday to put Russia into the final. Vesnina and Pavlyuchenkova won 6-2, 6-3 in one hour 24 minutes to earn a pass into the title match against the Czech Republic, who beat France in the other semi-final. "I was a bit nervous at the start but I knew that together with Nastia (Pavlyuchenkova) we're a good team," Vesnina said. The second set was almost a carbon copy of the first as the Russians broke their opponents serve on three more occasions sealing their victory with an ace by Pavlyuchenkova.
Renzi says Italy can't tackle Mediterranean migrant crisis alone
19 Apr 2015 | 11:55 am
Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi on Sunday called for a concerted international effort to block people-traffickers after the reported deaths of up to 700 migrants in the latest sinking in the Mediterranean. "We are asking not to be left alone," Renzi told reporters after an impromptu cabinet meeting, adding that he wanted an emergency meeting of European Union leaders to be held this week to discuss the mounting migrant crisis.
Kenya official: I did not cause delay in ending attack
19 Apr 2015 | 11:55 am
NAIROBI, Kenya (AP) — The use of a police plane for a personal errand did not delay the deployment of the police tactical team which ended the extremist attack in eastern Kenya where 148 people, the majority of them university students, were killed, a police official said in a statement.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!