- What do you choose for 2010?
- Digital solutions for construction industry
- Nature's own internet.
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- MagicJack for the cell phone
- Superbrain yoga!
- ‘The known universe’, by AMNH
- Thoughts for a New Year: Meat of known origin, revisited
- Commercial real estate investments to double in 2010?
- Normal is relative.
- Pranav Mistry & His Amazing SixthSense Technology
- The "Bull" that is Autism...
- Tablet demo: Sports Illustrated gives tablet demo ‘sneak peek’
- The new tallest building in the world Burj Khalifa
- China–ASEAN Free Trade Area
- What Does Autism "Look" Like?
- Jyoti Basu: Longest serving Indian political figure, dies
- Three Democrats step down: 2 senators, 1 governor
- Google phone cometh!: Nexus One
- 'The Burj Khalifa': Now tallest building in the world
- Obama to outline new airline safety measures
- Benefits of writing with The Omni Intelligencer
- Interview with Dr. William Tiller, renowned physicist
- New physics paradigm: Introduction to the research of Dr. Williaim Tiller
- 'The Inner Core'-by Robert L. Marshall, book review
Australian dad accused of abusing Thai-born twins
2 Sep 2014 | 3:33 am
CANBERRA, Australia (AP) — An Australian man has been charged with sexually abusing twin girls he fathered several years ago to a Thai surrogate mother in another case that casts a harsh light on Thailand's beleaguered surrogacy industry.
McDonald's to boost China supplier audits after food safety scandal
2 Sep 2014 | 3:32 am
McDonald's Corp will increase the number of audits it conducts of suppliers in China, the firm said on Tuesday, after a food scandal in July dented China sales at the U.S. Industry insiders had told Reuters that suppliers in China often knew about audits in advance. McDonald's will push for more video monitoring at its Chinese suppliers and send more quality control specialists to all meat production facilities, it added. The firm has also created a new role to oversee food safety governance in China and will launch a hotline later this year for whistleblowers to report food safety issues.
Waldo suspends 2 police chiefs after quota claims
2 Sep 2014 | 3:27 am
WALDO, Fla. (AP) — The north Florida town of Waldo has long had a reputation as a speed trap, and it's no wonder. A small segment of highway that runs through Waldo requires drivers to speed up and slow down six times: 65 mph becomes 55 mph; 55 becomes 45; then goes back to 55; then back down to 45; to 55 again and eventually, 35 mph.
Pakistan parliament meets over political crisis
2 Sep 2014 | 3:21 am
ISLAMABAD (AP) — Pakistan's lawmakers held an emergency session Tuesday over the political crisis roiling the country as thousands of anti-government protesters remained camped out in front of the parliament building, demanding Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif resign.
Pakistan PM chairs joint parliament session as crisis deepens
2 Sep 2014 | 3:20 am
By Syed Raza Hassan ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Pakistani Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif chaired a joint session of parliament on Tuesday as a deepening crisis over violent protests demanding his resignation prompted fears of an army intervention. It is a rebellion against the state of Pakistan," Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar told parliament. ... They are not revolutionaries, they are intruders and terrorists," he said of the protesters. Pakistan has been in turmoil since mid-August when tens of thousands of protesters led by Imran Khan, a former hero cricket player, and outspoken cleric Tahir ul-Qadri flooded into the capital Islamabad refusing to leave unless Sharif resigns.
Clashes between Islamists, rivals in Libya kill 31
2 Sep 2014 | 3:18 am
CAIRO (AP) — Fierce clashes in Libya's eastern city of Benghazi between Islamist militiamen and rival forces loyal to a renegade general have killed 31 fighters on both sides, a security official said Tuesday.
Court halts ridesharing service Uber in Germany
2 Sep 2014 | 3:18 am
BERLIN (AP) — A court has issued an injunction barring ridesharing service Uber from operating in Germany, the latest shot in a fight with the country's taxi drivers.
Putin comment on 'taking Kiev in 2 weeks' taken out of context: aide
2 Sep 2014 | 3:11 am
A reported comment by President Vladimir Putin that Russia could capture Ukraine's capital Kiev within two weeks was taken out of context, Itar-Tass news agency quoted a Kremlin foreign policy aide as saying on Tuesday. It quoted Yuri Ushakov as saying that whether or not those words were spoken, the quote "was taken out of context and had a totally different meaning". Italy's La Repubblica reported this week that Putin told European Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso in a telephone conversation: "If I want to, I can take Kiev in two weeks".
Putin's aide confirms '2 weeks to Kiev' remark
2 Sep 2014 | 3:10 am
MOSCOW, Russia (AP) — A Russian official is complaining that EU Commission President Jose Manuel Barroso breached confidentiality when he quoted President Vladimir Putin as saying Moscow could take over Kiev in two weeks if it wished.
U.S. business lobby says concerned China antitrust probes unfair
2 Sep 2014 | 3:07 am
By Michael Martina BEIJING (Reuters) - Foreign companies are increasingly concerned they are being targeted by Chinese regulators, a U.S. The American Chamber of Commerce in China is the latest business lobby to air its grievances over a series of investigations scrutinizing at least 30 foreign firms, as China seeks to enforce a 2008 anti-monopoly law. There are growing perceptions that multinational firms are under "selective and subjective enforcement" using "legal and extra-legal approaches", the Chamber said in a report. A survey of 164 members showed 49 percent of respondents felt foreign companies were being singled out in recent pricing and anti-corruption campaigns, compared to 40 percent in a late 2013 survey of 365 members.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!