- What do you choose for 2010?
- Digital solutions for construction industry
- Nature's own internet.
- Noam Chomsky, 'Manufacturing Consent'
- MagicJack for the cell phone
- Superbrain yoga!
- ‘The known universe’, by AMNH
- Thoughts for a New Year: Meat of known origin, revisited
- Commercial real estate investments to double in 2010?
- Normal is relative.
- Pranav Mistry & His Amazing SixthSense Technology
- The "Bull" that is Autism...
- Tablet demo: Sports Illustrated gives tablet demo ‘sneak peek’
- The new tallest building in the world Burj Khalifa
- China–ASEAN Free Trade Area
- What Does Autism "Look" Like?
- Jyoti Basu: Longest serving Indian political figure, dies
- Three Democrats step down: 2 senators, 1 governor
- Google phone cometh!: Nexus One
- 'The Burj Khalifa': Now tallest building in the world
- Obama to outline new airline safety measures
- Benefits of writing with The Omni Intelligencer
- Interview with Dr. William Tiller, renowned physicist
- New physics paradigm: Introduction to the research of Dr. Williaim Tiller
- 'The Inner Core'-by Robert L. Marshall, book review
US-backed Mexico dam project triggered protest, rare defeat
30 Jan 2015 | 2:19 am
SANTA URSULA, Mexico (AP) — When the U.S. government backed construction of a new hydroelectric plant in southwestern Mexico, residents rose up and defeated a three-year, $30 million project supported by the little-known Overseas Private Investment Corp. in Washington.
Egypt's IS affiliate claims Sinai attacks that killed 26
30 Jan 2015 | 2:18 am
EL-ARISH, Egypt (AP) — An Egyptian militant group affiliated with the Islamic State has claimed responsibility for coordinated and simultaneous attacks that struck more than a dozen army and police targets in three towns in the restive Sinai Peninsula, killing at least 26 security officers.
Egypt's Sisi cuts short Ethiopia visit after deadly Sinai attacks
30 Jan 2015 | 2:16 am
(Reuters) - Egyptian President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi cut short a visit to the Ethiopian capital for an African Union summit, following a wave of deadly attacks on Thursday night in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula claimed by Islamic State's Egypt wing. Sisi's office said in a statement emailed on Friday morning that Sisi was heading back to Cairo to follow the situation. At least 26 security personnel were killed late on Thursday in four separate attacks in North Sinai, in some of the worst anti-government violence in months.
Islamic State group silent as deadline passes with no swap
30 Jan 2015 | 2:16 am
TOKYO (AP) — The fates of a Japanese journalist and Jordanian military pilot were unknown Friday, a day after the latest purported deadline for a possible prisoner swap passed with no further word from the Islamic State group holding them captive.
Ex-supermodel Waris Dirie says FGM can end in her lifetime - TRFN
30 Jan 2015 | 2:09 am
By Emma Batha LONDON (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Supermodel turned campaigner against female genital mutilation Waris Dirie said on Thursday she was optimistic that FGM could be eradicated in her lifetime, branding the tradition "a cruel and perfidious war on little girls." "FGM breaches all human rights and has no place in any 21st century society," said Dirie, who underwent FGM in Somalia when she was 5 years old and whose sister bled to death after being cut. Dirie said her Desert Flower Foundation aimed to save 1 million girls across Africa from the "barbaric" ritual in the next few years through a sponsorship project which provides food, kerosene and school fees to families who pledge not to cut their daughters. GROWING MOMENTUM AGAINST FGM Speaking after receiving a human rights award at the House of Lords in London, Dirie welcomed the growing global momentum to stamp out FGM, a procedure which can cause lifelong physical and psychological problems.
US poet, singer Rod McKuen dies at 81
30 Jan 2015 | 2:07 am
US poet, songwriter and singer Rod McKuen, a multiple Academy Award nominee, has died at the age of 81, US media reported. McKuen died on Thursday in Los Angeles of respiratory arrest after suffering from pneumonia, friend and producer Jim Pierson said, according to the Los Angeles Times. McKuen was a prolific composer, working with artists such as Johnny Cash, Barbra Streisand and Frank Sinatra.
Businesses stay clear of using Super Bowl name
30 Jan 2015 | 2:02 am
Balloon crew surpasses distance record; Mexico landing next
30 Jan 2015 | 1:52 am
ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — Two pilots in a helium-filled balloon on a record-setting journey across the Pacific Ocean entered the final leg of their trip Friday as they traveled along the California coast for an expected landing somewhere in Mexico.
Federal prosecutors drop dozens of stash house sting charges
30 Jan 2015 | 1:45 am
CHICAGO (AP) — The U.S. attorney's office in Chicago has quietly dropped dozens of serious narcotics conspiracy charges stemming from undercover stings involving fictional drug stash houses, a federal law enforcement technique critics contend amounts to entrapment and displays racial bias against minorities.
March meeting to plan rebuilding of Ebola-hit states
30 Jan 2015 | 1:41 am
By Edmund Blair NAIROBI (Reuters) - Governments and international organisations plan to meet in March to work out how to rebuild three West African nations whose economies have been shattered by Ebola, a U.N. envoy said on Thursday. The number of newly detected cases of Ebola virus infection has been dropping sharply in Sierra Leone, Guinea and Liberia in recent weeks. The World Bank in January projected they would lose $1.6 billion in income this year, over 12 percent of their combined economic output. "The plans at the moment are for a conference to look at the needs of reconstruction organised by the countries themselves, by the United Nations, by the African Union and by the European Union," said David Nabarro, the U.N. special envoy on Ebola.
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!