“I should give more. I should do more. I should be more. I should’ve done better in the past.” These thoughts might gnaw at me no matter what action I take to appease them.
The reason that guilt feels so bad is that it’s utterly contrary to the way my adoring divine inner being views me. The pain of guilt alerts me that I am not aligned with my inner wisdom in this area and thus I’m partially closing valves through which my well-being reaches me. Nothing I consider good can come from that.
I’m learning to rearrange my life around a brand new “should”: I should feel joyful, peaceful, and free. And I do that by thinking thoughts of joy, peace, and freedom, and then taking action from that happy place.
Nobody benefits from my guilt, especially not me. When I perform any task out of burdensome responsibility, weighty duty, or fear of what someone will think, it will not have the desired effect long-term.
The things that I’m truly “supposed to do” are the things that make my heart sing. They’re happily calling to me now. They make me feel light-hearted, exhilarated. They are my gift to the world, and they are my gift to me.
As I relinquish the guilt, I find them.
|< Prev||Next >|
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- What food is it that causes the most grief and suffering for years after eating it?
- How to Make Rising Interest Rates Work for You - The Future of Gold
- Most Profitable Time For Gold and Gold Miner Stocks - Is It Time Yet?
- What About Inflation? Is it Dead?
- What About Psychics?
- Cell Love
- Does Smoking Cause Cancer?
- Dream Diary
- Enlightenment, Anyone?
- How Can I Lose Weight? - Part 2
- What About Emotions?
- What About Ethics & Morality?
- What About Government?
- What About Karma?
- Beneath the Surface
- Breathe Easy
- Conflict Resolution
- Do Things Always Happen For a Reason?