The yogic term is Bhramari pranayama, sometimes called the humming bee breath.
Sit in a comfortable position with your spine lovely and straight (DO NOT LIE DOWN). Let your hands just relax into your lap, chin is parallel to the ground, mouth is closed, teeth are slightly open.Take a few normal deep breaths like this.
Now, you can either bring your hands to prayer position at the heart centre or, lifting your arms with your elbows out wide gently use the index finger to press on the little fleshy flaps of skin around the ear, so closing the ear. Take a long breath out and then a long relaxed breath in (DON'T STRAIN THE BREATH). Then on the outbreath, in a controlled manner, make a humming sound like a bumble bee. The humming needs to be soft and controlled, just gently vibrating the brain and forehead. Try to bring your attention to the Ajna Chakra (directly in the middle of the eybrows... the third eye). Exhale all the breath while humming... this is one round.
Repeat for 5 rounds to start, when you're comfortable with it, move to ten rounds and build up eventually to 10/15 minutes.
Contraindications. Don't practice if you have an ear infection and if you have heart disease, never retain the breath.
Benefits. Bumble bee breath relieves stress and tension in the head. It helps alleviate anger and anxiety and is good for insomnia and it can also reduce high blood pressure. It strengthens the voice and throat (great for singers!). It also speeds up the body's healing process if it's used for up to 30 mins at a time (especially after an operation).
Have fun, remember to keep it light, don't strain too much or try to make people in the next room hear you!
visit me at yogitobye.com
|< Prev||Next >|
Yoga studio offers free classes at Gazebo
21:08 (GMT) - 10.07.2014
Cara Stone & Nadine Wolff at the Garden City Gazebo Yoga Nanda, Garden City's first stand-alone yoga studio, will be offering free classes at the Garden City Gazebo every Saturday afternoon this summer.
Good yoga poses for runners
6:52 (GMT) - 10.07.2014
Yoga is great for runners, but you don't have to take a whole class. These 3 moves can be done as an active warm-up to prevent injuries.
Lenovo Yoga Tablet 10 HD+: Not your average Android tablet [Review]
2:16 (GMT) - 10.07.2014
Last year Lenovo extended its Yoga line to cover not just the company's rather clever folding hybrid Windows laptops, but Android tablets too. The designs weren't quite as ingenious as the IdeaPad Yoga, with its keyboard that flipped nearly 360 degrees to sit flat against the back of the display, but it still had a unique selling point (USP): A brilliant flip-out stand which could hold the ...
Yoga Festival coming to the Lehigh Valley
15:51 (GMT) - 9.07.2014
A brand new event is bringing together yoga fans from all over the Lehigh Valley. It's the first ever Lehigh Valley Yoga Festival . It's on July 26th at the Nurture Nature Center , located at 518 Northampton Street in Easton. Teachers and students, as well as musicians and vendors from all over the area will gather for the 12 hours festival. There will be classes for everyone ranging from kids ...
Yoga putting ‘souls in jeopardy’, Donegal priest warns
14:18 (GMT) - 9.07.2014
Fr Padraig O’Baoill also cautions parishioners over ‘contemptible’ tai chi and Reiki
Yoga putting ‘souls in jeopardy’, priest warns
14:09 (GMT) - 9.07.2014
Donegal based Fr Padraig O’Baoill also cautions parishioners over ‘contemptible’ tai chi and Reiki
Priest forbids 'unsavoury' yoga
7:32 (GMT) - 9.07.2014
An Irish Catholic priest warns his parishioners not to "endanger" their souls by practising yoga, tai chi or reiki.
Yoga babe's first pitch at baseball game sends hearts fluttering
1:54 (GMT) - 9.07.2014
A beautiful yoga coach's alluring yoga routine at the opening of a Taiwanese baseball game on July 6 has left both players and fans flustered. The 3-minute-long video posted on Youtube starts with Fang Yan greeting the audience at the bustling stadium. According to a report on Shanghaiist, the attractive lady, dressed provocatively in the Lamigo Monkey team's colours with a short skirt, had been ...
The Apps That Help This Yoga Instructor Run Her Business from Half a World Away
9:15 (GMT) - 8.07.2014
Even a yoga instructor can benefit from file sharing tools and voice memo apps.
9 Qualities of Great Yoga Teachers
8:43 (GMT) - 25.06.2014
With the explosive popularity of yoga, there are more varieties of styles, studios and teachers than ever before. Here are a few primary components to look for in a yoga teacher or class: An aware teacher offers modifications and variations to keep you progressing without hurting yourself. Every day will be different, and a good teacher will demand that you try your best, but in a way that ...
- Unplugging in the Unofficial Capital of Yoga 23:00 (GMT) - 21.06.2014
A Reporter Unplugs and Still Finds Connection
15:50 (GMT) - 19.06.2014
Mary Pilon, a sports reporter for The Times, spent three weeks in Russia covering the Olympics in Sochi earlier this year. After the games, she spent a vacation in Rishikesh, India, and wrote about it for the Travel section.
- Bending the Rules to Offer Yoga With a Beer Chaser 23:00 (GMT) - 11.06.2014
- Hilaria Baldwin Holds Her Center 23:00 (GMT) - 31.05.2014
- New Yoga Programs at Six Senses Resorts 16:00 (GMT) - 15.05.2014
- The ‘No More Tears’ Formula for Yoga Wear 23:00 (GMT) - 5.04.2014
- Yoga Classes, Even With a Fused Spine 23:00 (GMT) - 27.03.2014
Yoga Poses in Israel
23:00 (GMT) - 8.03.2014
Photographs from a studio for Orthodox Jews.
Title for the Seahawks Is a Triumph for the Profile of Yoga
23:00 (GMT) - 4.02.2014
After the Super Bowl, the yoga community did the Internet equivalent of back flips when Seattle won.
- Times Minute | Scenes From the Snowstorm 10:57 (GMT) - 3.01.2014
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The importance of knowing your nose.
- Yoga and weight loss.
- Get bendy, stay safe!
- Yoga and the menopause.
- “Here and Now” with Yogi Tobye: Yoga for sensory issues
- Alternate nostril breathing.
- Resistance is futile.
- 'Here and Now' ~with Yogi Tobye: Embracing the present moment
- A hard day's yoga
- Ego a go.
- The middle way.
- Watch where you're going!
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- A Valentines day message.
- Cholesterol - Criticized for Decades - Now a Nutritional Superhero?