The yogic term is Bhramari pranayama, sometimes called the humming bee breath.
Sit in a comfortable position with your spine lovely and straight (DO NOT LIE DOWN). Let your hands just relax into your lap, chin is parallel to the ground, mouth is closed, teeth are slightly open.Take a few normal deep breaths like this.
Now, you can either bring your hands to prayer position at the heart centre or, lifting your arms with your elbows out wide gently use the index finger to press on the little fleshy flaps of skin around the ear, so closing the ear. Take a long breath out and then a long relaxed breath in (DON'T STRAIN THE BREATH). Then on the outbreath, in a controlled manner, make a humming sound like a bumble bee. The humming needs to be soft and controlled, just gently vibrating the brain and forehead. Try to bring your attention to the Ajna Chakra (directly in the middle of the eybrows... the third eye). Exhale all the breath while humming... this is one round.
Repeat for 5 rounds to start, when you're comfortable with it, move to ten rounds and build up eventually to 10/15 minutes.
Contraindications. Don't practice if you have an ear infection and if you have heart disease, never retain the breath.
Benefits. Bumble bee breath relieves stress and tension in the head. It helps alleviate anger and anxiety and is good for insomnia and it can also reduce high blood pressure. It strengthens the voice and throat (great for singers!). It also speeds up the body's healing process if it's used for up to 30 mins at a time (especially after an operation).
Have fun, remember to keep it light, don't strain too much or try to make people in the next room hear you!
visit me at yogitobye.com
|< Prev||Next >|
Yoga program helps youths in detention find peace
23:00 (GMT) - 29.10.2014
Activity nurtures the youths, helps them de-stress, deputy director says.
Lenovo unveils the 13-inch Yoga Tablet 2 with Windows
20:21 (GMT) - 29.10.2014
Lenovo makes some great computers; its laptop build-quality is legendary. While its tablet offerings have been average, the newest line of tablets is sure to change that. You see, the Yoga Tablet 2 line, has quite the impressive specs, which consumers should notice. Earlier this month, the Yoga Tablet 2 Pro was the star of the show, when Lenovo unveiled the new line. The "Pro" tablet stood out ...
Lenovo Adds New 13-inch Windows Tablet to YOGA Tablet 2 Family
20:00 (GMT) - 29.10.2014
Lenovo today announced a new addition to the new YOGA Tablet 2 family with the new YOGA 13-in Tablet 2 with Windows. This latest Lenovo tablet offers
No-Underpants Yoga Pants May Be Next Darling of Workout World
12:14 (GMT) - 29.10.2014
Pants on Pre-Order Going Gangbusters
You can hang Lenovo's new Windows-based Yoga Tablet 2 on the wall
8:03 (GMT) - 29.10.2014
Mere weeks after announcing a new roster of Yoga devices earlier in October, Lenovo's at it again with a new 13.3-inch Windows tablet that—like the other tablets—comes with its own keyboard cover. This tablet hides a potentially neat new trick, however. As you’d expect from Lenovo’s Yoga lineup, the new tablet can be used in four modes: the now-usual hold, stand, and tilt form factors, as well ...
Yoga for little ones in Winooski
23:28 (GMT) - 28.10.2014
When youngsters file into Ms. Bryan's classroom, they skip the desks and head right for the floor.
Kevin Smith Shaves His Beard for Yoga Hosers—See the Pic!
8:31 (GMT) - 28.10.2014
Is that really you, Kevin Smith?! Believe it or not, it really is the writer-director—he's just nearly unrecognizable without his signature facial hair! On Sunday, the...
Yoga NoMa is the first studio to say ‘namaste’ to the neighborhood
5:00 (GMT) - 28.10.2014
While residences, offices and restaurants have flooded the 35-block area of D.C. known as NoMa, fitness establishments simply haven?t followed suit. So NoMa's Business Improvement District decided to go ahead and open its own yoga studio.
Paddleboard yoga stands venerable practice on its head, on water
4:14 (GMT) - 27.10.2014
By Dorene Internicola NEW YORK (Reuters) - Move over hot, flying and spinning yoga. Paddleboard yoga is the latest trend to stand the ancient practice of breath control, body postures and movement on its head - this time on a surfboard surrounded by water. Fitness experts and enthusiasts say classes for waterborne yoga, which is also known as Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) hone balance, focus ...
Broga Yoga, Detox Retox and more put guys' twists on yoga
12:13 (GMT) - 24.10.2014
Part of the ever-growing fraternal culture of "brohood," an increasing male demand for yoga (possibly driven in part by pro basketball player advocates such as LeBron James, Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal) has spawned a new wave of...
The Progeny of Burning Man
23:00 (GMT) - 24.09.2014
Transformational festivals emerge as a petri dish for art and culture in America.
- B. K. S. Iyengar, Who Helped Bring Yoga to the West, Dies at 95 23:00 (GMT) - 20.08.2014
What Is So Special About Iyengar Yoga?
17:12 (GMT) - 20.08.2014
This week the international yoga community said goodbye to B.K.S. Iyengar, a favorite teacher credited with bringing yoga to the Western world. One of his students, Carrie Owerko, a New York yoga teacher, talked about what makes Iyengar yoga so...
- I Tried to Work Out Like a Pro Wrestler and Failed 11:15 (GMT) - 19.08.2014
- The Rise of Beefcake Yoga 23:00 (GMT) - 16.08.2014
- Ask Well: Does Yoga Build Strength? 23:01 (GMT) - 7.08.2014
- Unplugging in the Unofficial Capital of Yoga 23:00 (GMT) - 21.06.2014
A Reporter Unplugs and Still Finds Connection
15:50 (GMT) - 19.06.2014
Mary Pilon, a sports reporter for The Times, spent three weeks in Russia covering the Olympics in Sochi earlier this year. After the games, she spent a vacation in Rishikesh, India, and wrote about it for the Travel section.
- Bending the Rules to Offer Yoga With a Beer Chaser 23:00 (GMT) - 11.06.2014
- Hilaria Baldwin Holds Her Center 23:00 (GMT) - 31.05.2014
- How to Tell When Stocks Will Outperform Bonds Again
- Auction-Style Online Property Listings: Bid-Buy-Sell-Lease
- Two Scenarios Right Now for Gold and Silver
- 5 Investing Myths to Ignore in 2014
- Why I Like this Sector for 2014
- No End in Sight to the Bull Market in Stocks
- The Biggest Stock Gains in 2014
- More Help From the Fed
- Stock Market Rally Watch
- A Danger Sign That Stock Investors Will Ignore
- US Stocks Near a Record High and Want to Rise Even Further
- The Three Reasons Oil Will Soar Again - After It Bottoms
- Is the Stock Market Rally About to End?
- Gold and commodities going down or up near term and in future?
- College Graduation Celebration Goes Bad!
- The importance of knowing your nose.
- Yoga and weight loss.
- Get bendy, stay safe!
- Yoga and the menopause.
- “Here and Now” with Yogi Tobye: Yoga for sensory issues
- Alternate nostril breathing.
- Resistance is futile.
- 'Here and Now' ~with Yogi Tobye: Embracing the present moment
- A hard day's yoga
- Ego a go.
- The middle way.
- Watch where you're going!
- "What?"... "I CAN - hear what you're saying..."
- A Valentines day message.
- Cholesterol - Criticized for Decades - Now a Nutritional Superhero?